Sunday 13 May 2007

Fridays Train, My Earphones (yes its very random) and Third Day

I got the train to Bangor on Friday. I was trying to get to Ballymena. Didn't realise my mistake till I got to Bangor West (who knew such a place existed?) where I promptly got off and caught the next train right back to Belfast. (Where I then had to wait over an hour for the next train to Ballymena which would then break down and leave us sitting stationary on the line for 30mins.)

So I thought I would take this opportunity to tell you about my headphones as it was because I was listening to music I failed to hear the announcement saying I should change trains at Central. So my headphones are Sennheiser CX300 Ear Canal Headphones and I bought them off Amazon a few months ago for about £16. And they are awesome! Hence why I'm writing about them. Geeky I know.

So why are they so good. Well they are in-ear headphones. Hence they fit right inside your ear much like ear buds. This has a number of advantages. Firstly they are very comfy and never fall out unlike normal earphones. They sound fantastic! The bass is surprisingly amazing and they just sound great in general. They also block out a lot of noise. This has many advantages but can also be quite dangerous. I have stepped out in front of cars, nearly walked into a burning building (ok it wasn't actually burning but the very LOUD fire alarm was going and everyone had cleared out and I was stopped from going in) and failed to change trains as already mentioned.

The best bit of course is the price. These are mega cheap for what you get. I have heard some top quality headphones (Bose etc.) and I recon these are just as good and at a tenth of the price. So there you go. Buy buy buy! Though not from eBay cause apparently there have been a lot of fakes going about.

Anyways enough geeky stuff that no one really cares about. I randomly went to see Third Day on Thursday night. I hadn't a ticket. Just kinda turned up and hoped for the best. Bought a ticket from some random guy in the ridiculously long queue. So Third Day. Never really been a huge fan of their studio stuff. I think its good like but just not really what I'm into. Live though they were great. They do put on a good show. Not amazing but great all the same. However I always get confused at christian gigs. Never sure if the bands are performing or worshipping. Maybe both. Is that possible? Third Day weren't as performy as some other christian bands but they were still like yes we're all here to worship God and then play songs that no one knows the words to or can make out the vocals. Maybe I should read a book on the matter...

No comments: