Thursday 30 August 2007

The Pony, The Robbery and U2

Here are somethings that have kept me amused over the last week or so.

The Pony
I was driving home from Belfast last thursday and was on the seven towers roundabout outside ballymena. It was rush hour. So I'm driving round and there running right towards me is a Shetland pony. Aw look at the pony I thought to myself while swerving to avoid it. Danger danger. It looked as surprised to see me as I was to see it. And then I drove away. Never found out what happened to that crazy pony. Wonder is it still alive. Lets hope so.

The Robbery
Last thursday I was driving down the Newtonards Road. And I was sitting at lights outside this pawn shop or something. Then I see these two guys in baseball caps running out of the building, jump into their illegally parked car and pull out immediately in front of a rather unamused driver. Then I seen some staff running out of the shop also looking rather unamused. Then when I was driving past it like an hour later I seen a police car parked outside. No idea if it was actually a robbery but whatever was going on was no doubt very illegal. Maybe this kind of thing happens all the time in East Belfast I don't know. Well I'm sure it doesn't. The day before I was thinking about the mural on the westlink saying 'I'm not your stereotype'. Hmm. You might not be but...

U2
Found a nice u2 video on you tube today. Its from the live video Rattle and Hum. This show was recorded on the day of the Enniskillen bombing in 1987. Bono talks a bit about this at the start of the video. Its cool hearing someone like Bono say Enniskillen! Then he goes on one of his rants in the middle of singing Sunday Bloody Sunday. Hes talking about the so called Irish revolution. The passion in his voice just makes me shiver. He sounds like he's just so genuinely pissed off with what had been going on in NI back then. I wish new bands had that much passion and motivation to change the world.

Watch it. Its worth it.



Music
I don't listen to much radio. So the other day in the car I thought I would. Try to get in touch with whats going on out there and all that. But it depressed me. New music sucks. There was seriously nothing good worth listening to. I just can't understand why all the crap music gets put on the radio and all the good stuff doesn't. Idiots.

That is all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're right dude, that excerpt from the U2 gig is powerful... we have it on DVD, first time I saw it I was in awe...

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.